for the dough
- 500 gr of flour
- 90 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 200 ml of warm dry white wine
- 2 tsp of salt
for the stuffing
- 350 gr of boiled spinach
- 350 gr of ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 100 gr of grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Grana cheese
- Mix all the ingredients for the dough and work the dough until it becomes uniform (using a mixer or not).
- Cover it with plastic wrap while preparing the stuffing.
- Boil the spinach and squeeze it to eliminate the water.
- Cut it with a sharp knife to facilitate.
- Mix it with the ricotta cheese.
- Add the egg.
- Add the grated cheese, salt and pepper.
- Amalgamate all ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F.
- Divide the dough in two.
- Create 2 circles of 30cm/11.8in each using a rolling pin.
- Place the 1st dough circle on baking paper.
- Spread some breadcrumbs on it.
- Place part of the stuffing in the center of the circle and the remaining creating another circle around, as seen on the photos.
- Cover it with the 2nd circle of dough.
- Wet the borders and attach one to another using a fork.
- Place a small bowl over the central stuffing and punch with a fork all around.
- Using a sharp knife cut the borders in 3cm/1.2in slices.
- Turn them upside 90°.
- Bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven at 180°C/356°F.