Breakfast Potato Skins
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter (do not substitute margarine)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or regular table salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 -8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 -8 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups sour cream
- Bake potatoes in the microwave for 10 minutes; turn over and bake another 8-10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Beat eggs in a bowl; add water; beat a little more. Add eggs to skillet and scramble until done. Set aside.
- Once potatoes have cooled enough to be handled, cut them lengthwise and scoop out the pulp, leaving about 1/4 inch layer of pulp in the skins; discard pulp (or save for something else).
- Place skins upside down (skin side up) on a greased baking sheet.
- Combine oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper in a bowl; brush all over each skin.
- Bake at 475 degrees for about 8 minutes; turn over and bake another 6 minutes.
- Remove baked skins from oven.
- Fill each skin with scrambled eggs and sprinkle top with cheese.
- Return to oven long enough to melt the cheese, about 1 minute.
- Remove from oven and add sour cream, bacon and green onions.