Enchilada Pasta Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 5 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1 can (10 oz.) enchilada sauce (I used the red sauce)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chiles
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pot, bring water to boil and cook egg noodles according to package instructions.
- In the meantime, in a very large skillet, brown your ground beef then drain the fat. Then add the chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add in the cream cheese until melted and combined.
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, enchilada sauce, half the cheddar cheese, half the monterey jack cheese, corn kernels, and diced green chiles. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture over the beef and let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- In the meantime, drain your pasta. After you’ve drained it, add the pasta to the beef mixture.
- Make sure everything is coated in the sauce.
- In a large casserole dish, pour in the pasta mixture and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese has completely melted.
- Serve hot. Keep in airtight container for up to 1 week.