Pistachio-Cranberry Christmas Cookies
Makes 30 cookies
- 1 cup butter, unsalted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3.4 oz package Pistachio Pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour (Note: the dough will be VERY stiff kind of like play-doh)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Optional: Substitute out 1/2 cup of chocolate chips for 1/2 cup of chopped pistachio nuts.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Mix in the eggs one at a time and then add the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, dry pudding mix, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture and combine. Pour in the cranberries and chocolate chips and process until they are evenly distributed throughout the batter. The dough will be VERY stiff.
- Using a 1 1/2 ounce (3 tablespoon) sized cookie scoop shape the cookies and place them on a greased cookies sheet (or preferably use a silpat). Using the flattened bottom of a measuring cup or drinking glass gently press the cookies to flatten them slightly. Bake for 12-14 minutes until the bottoms are lightly browned. Allow the cookies to settle on the baking sheet for 2 minutes and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.