Turkey Breast of Wonder (Crock Pot)
- 1 (5-6 pound) turkey breast
- 1/2 C orange juice (you could also substitute chicken broth)
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole cranberry sauce
- 1 (1 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- salt and pepper
- Make sure your turkey is completely thawed. I let mine hang out in the fridge for a couple of days after I purchase it frozen. Set it on a pan, so you don’t have juices running all over when you open up the bag. Cut a hole in the top of the bag and remove the packaging. Some turkey breasts come with a gravy pouch inside, be sure to remove it if yours happens to come with one.
- Place the old bird in the crock pot.
- Pour yourself 1/2 cup of orange juice. Add one can whole berry Cranberry sauce and one package Lipton Onion Soup mix.
- Mix the ingredients together and pour them over the top of the bird.
- Sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper over the top. Cover the crock pot and cook on low for 8-9 hours,
- or until a meat thermometer stuck into the center of the bird reads 180 degrees. You can see I got mine a bit past 180. Don’t like, turn me into the poultry police or anything, ok? It still turned out wonderful, juicy and moist.
- Remove the turkey breast to a plate and cover it with tin foil. Let it rest for about 5 minutes. Then carve it (or shred it) up and enjoy.