Whole Wheat Pizza Puffs Recipe
Prep Time: 15 mins Cooking Time: 25 mins
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup lowfat or nonfat milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1/2 cup black olives (pitted)
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a 24-cup mini-muffin pan.
2. Blanche the broccoli and chop small, set aside.
3. Chop olives and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder; whisk in the milk and egg.
5. Stir in the mozzarella, broccoli and olives and let stand for 10 mins.
6. Stir the batter and divide among the mini-muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, microwave the marinara sauce until warmed through, then serve with the pizza puffs.